CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Aunt Julia's Yellow Squash Casserole Recipe, Bob & Debbie 1980


I lived my whole life in Pennsylvania until Bob & I were married. He took me to Atlanta to meet the whole clan, and I remember feeling that I'd never experienced anyplace more hot and humid than Georgia in July. It was 106 degrees the day we took all Bob's little cousins to Six Flags over Georgia. Uncle Buster's teeth almost flew out of his mouth on the roller coaster! Here's a photo of us way back when we were first starting out together. Oh, the memories!!!

Bob & Debbie in 1980

Atlanta Bob's late Great Aunt Julia gave his mother this recipe and she passed it along to me. Happiness is family recipes passed down through the generations! 

Aunt Julia's Yellow Squash Casserole

3 c. cooked yellow squash (slice 1/4 inch and steam till limp)
1 sm. jar pimiento, undrained
1 beaten egg
2 T. chopped onion
1 can cream of chicken soup (healthy lower fat/sodium)
8 oz. carton of sour cream (lite or fat free)
½ tsp. salt (may omit this altogether)
1 stick butter (may use butter blend to lower saturated fat)
1 ½ c. herb seasoned stuffing mix (Pepperidge Farms)

Melt butter and mix with stuffing. Put half in bottom of 1 ½ qt. casserole dish. Mix other ingredients and pour into casserole.
Sprinkle remaining stuffing mix on top and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
NOTE: I've added the changes I make in parenthesis.
With love from me to you...
GG

No comments: