CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Front Door Peacock

Front Door Peacock
Can you believe that I just took this picture looking through the glass on my front door? I had just cleaned it and stepped away, only to return to find Mr. Peacock admiring his reflection in the super-crystal-clean glass!

My secret to super-crystal-clean glass is my grandmother's recipe for glass cleaner. I really don't know if Grandma actually ever used this recipe herself, but I found it in a box of her recipe clippings after she died and I decided to give it a try. I've been using it ever since. I'm calling it "Grandma Mary's Window Cleaner." You will call it a great value because it works so much better than the spray stuff from the store and at a much, much lower cost. (Be sure to wear rubber gloves to protect your skin from drying out.) Clean windows and saved $$$ are happy things! :-)

Grandma Mary's Window Cleaner
 

1 gallon very hot water

1 c. white vinegar

1/2 c. Parson's Ammonia

1 tblsp. cornstarch


Mix together and wash windows and sills with a soft cotton cloth.  Buff dry with a lint-free cloth.


With love, from me to you,
GG

1 comment:

FarmgirlDeb said...

Can't wait to try this! I always love finding new ways to do things myself and save $ in the process.