CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 23, 2012

The Captain's Pleasure

Last week we sailed off the coast of Puerto Rico on a large catamaran with a group of friends. I don't like sweet drinks, so I asked a deck hand if there was anything other than the offered pina coladas and rum punch. He offered to make me something called "The Captain's Special." Because his accent was so strong, I thought he said "The Captain's Pleasure." I'm saving the recipe for this tropical libation under the latter, mistaken, but much more romantic, name. Combine the ingredients in quantities to suit your taste and garnish as you like. This is a very refreshing drink.

The Captain's Pleasure
Unsweetened tea
Dark rum
Orange juice, squeezed from a fresh orange

Combine all these ingredients in a glass of ice and stir till chilled.

There's naught, no doubt, so much the spirit calms as rum and true religion.
Lord Byron

Salud!
~GG

No comments: